Thursday, July 31, 2014

character description

“Honey can you get the remote for me?!” As soon as I hear this I know mum is lying on the couch and needing the remote for the T.V.  Her blond hair sticking up, a pale face,bloodshot eyes, sounding tired and smells like smelly laundry. “Why do I always have to get it!”
“Because you're closer”.
“But I'm in the conservatory”
“So?”
“Okay okay I’ll get it!!!”

Its annoying mum always gets her way and if she doesn't, her reaction is very big, so even if I want something so so bad I can't ask over and over again!  Her humor is very small so if I make a joke she won't even laugh she will just put on a watery smile.  My mum is not very sensitive .  If I knock her, she wouldn't get very angry.

Like a thief in the night, mum sneaks out our house. I wonder where she's gone, the movies, a cafe or even another country!!!  But she’s just gone to work for another night shift. So she is always begging to get into her pajamas at like 3 o'clock in the afternoon because she is tired and she probably isn't the only one.  But if she asks too much, she is bending her chances.  

Mum spends time lots of time with me, but the thing that she is always spending time with, is my dog Ella.  We are training her to do things like catching balls while their in the air, shaking hands and walking on her hind legs, Ella is a very smart dog, she can do things like sit, ,stay put and lie down.  The commands for them are sit, stay and down I like Ella and mum especially does.         

4 comments:

  1. Wow Luke what a great story about your Mum. I really like the bit where you have said 'Like a thief in the night, mum sneaks out our house'. When your Mum goes to work in the night who looks after you?????
    Hugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good writing Luke
    i lick it when you and your mum fighting
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete